Please contact support for the latest Firmware update +1 (877) 493-3833 or send email to email@example.com.
ZyPer Management Platform - Revision 1.8 Released September 26, 2018 (Updated October 15, 2018)
Version 1.8 of the ZyPer Management Platform is a major release with significant changes to the operating environment. Please review the ZyPer Management Platform Release Notes document before proceeding with the update.
- Management Platform on Ubuntu NUC, Ubuntu VM, Ubuntu ProServer.
- All current ZyPer4K encoders and decoders.
- ZyPerUHD encoders and decoders.
- ZyPerHD encoders and decoders.
- Google Chrome version 66.0.3359 or higher.
- Mobile Devices: Android tablet 7.0, MS Surface Windows 10, iPad IOS 10.3.2 and higher.
- Increased security and system stability by eliminating access to the Linux shell.
- New command - Revert - allows system administrators to revert to previous software and database version.
- New API command - Channel up/down
- Improved EDID control – Added to control auto edid at the device level.
- CEC control added for ZyPer4K HDMI 2.0 and ZyPerUHD
- New ZMP “events” API command - Added to display the server’s events in telnet, Browser WebSocket and API Polling
- Updated API commands for Video-Wall (see full Release Notes for details)
- (10/15) Change to ZyPerUHD firmware update process
- (10/15) Update to ZyPerUHD powersave feature that prevented return of video
- Support for new rack mounted ZMP ProServer
- Starting with this release, the ZyPer MP update file will be available in three, platform-specific versions. Please use the correct version for the hardware platform being updated.
- ZyPerMP NUC computer: update_nuc_1.8.xxxxx.zyper
- ZyPerMP Proserver: update_proserver_1.8.xxxxx.zyper
- ZyPerMP VMware: update_vm_1.8.xxxxx.zyper
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE UPDATING:
- For any ZyPerMP running version 1.3 or 1.4, please upgrade to version 1.6 prior to updating to 1.8.
- Downgrading from any version of 1.7.x to either 1.5.2 and 1.6, MaestroZ will not be able to add zones.
- Installing software older than 1.7.4 on the New Intel NUC hardware is not recommended. Please see section “8. Upgrading and downgrading” of the accompanying Release Notes for more information.
- Once the restricted shell access is implemented, it is permanently in place. Downgrading will not undue the shell lockout.
Version 1.8 of the ZyPer Management Platform is a major release with significant changes to the operating environment. For full details on all the changes, please review the ZyPer Management Platform Release Notes document before proceeding with the update.