Happy New Year Everyone!
By Bob Michaels, CEO, ZeeVee
While constant improvement is something we strive for throughout the year in all aspects of our operations, the new year provides that unique opportunity to reflect and reset. The desire for change is front and center and it is no small wonder why we take the opportunity to institute new initiatives that will ultimately provide our customers with product feature/functionality improvements. In addition, we are always looking to implement new programs and procedures that will help us serve our customers as thoughtfully and efficiently as possible. Based on feedback from many of you, we’re focusing particular attention on several areas, including:
- Security: With SDVoE and other AVoIP signal distribution solutions living on IP networks, security concerns remain at the top of everyone’s list. We stand by our record of leading the industry in ensuring our products maintain network integrity, operating on a dedicated network or on shared internal networks. The technology demands that manufacturers and integrators evolve security safeguards to avoid new threats before they arise. With this in mind, look for us to make some significant announcements regarding enhanced future-proof security features for our products early in 2023.
- A Range of Products for All Applications: We have always prided ourselves on offering the industry’s most comprehensive range of AV signal distribution solutions—including uncompressed and compressed 4K codecs, RF modulation and video streaming—that best meet the needs of virtually any application. In keeping with this philosophy, we will put a particular focus on the following areas:
- AVoIP for Smaller Deployments: The call for AVoIP solutions for smaller deployments, such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams rooms, grows louder every month. In Q1, we will introduce products perfectly suited for these applications. As a result, we will have more options to address applications of all sizes, from huddle spaces to major infrastructure projects that span multiple buildings and locations.
- LED Walls: Uncompressed signals are the rule and we are witness to rapidly accelerating growth for our ZyPer4K encoders and decoders to address the demand we are seeing in the deployment of LED video walls in corporate, hospitality, retail, entertainment and sports venues and more. These displays require high-performing and reliable signal distribution to eliminate pixelization and other signal degradation.
- Esports and Gaming: In AV applications serving the commercial and consumer realms, gamers are among the most demanding and discerning customers. The requirements for the highest resolution images with near zero latency hold hard and fast. We’ve made inroads here with our ZyPer4K in several international Esports arenas and predict this will become even more prevalent in 2023.
- Medical: Over the last several years, our medically certified family of ZyPer4K products have made their way into hundreds of operating rooms around the world, again driven by the need for the highest resolution images to display minute detail and near zero latency during laparoscopic, endoscopic and other medical procedures reliant on video technologies.
Of course, these are just some top-of-mind observations we’ve made. We’re always looking for additional feedback from you regarding new applications and trends that we can meet with our current and future product offerings.
I’ll close by calling out two significant events happening later this month. On January 22, we will celebrate the beginning of Chinese New Year and welcome in the Year of the Rabbit. The reduction or elimination of COVID travel restrictions throughout East Asia will allow for much anticipated get togethers and family reunions. To all of our colleagues and friends around the globe celebrating: Gong Xi Fa Cai.
And on January 31, ISE will take center stage in Barcelona. If you are attending the exhibition, please be sure to schedule a stop by to our booth, #5D250, in Hall 5 to say hello and see our newest range of products.
Best wishes for a successful 2023!