Verify that you have “UPnP User Interface” installed. Follow the directions below to verify and/or install “UPnP User Interface” by following the following directions.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Open “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Click on “Add/Remove Windows Components” on the left hand side.
- Scroll down to “Network Services” and highlight by a single click.
- Click on the “Details” button below the list of components.
- If “UPnP User interface” does not have a checkmark in the box beside it, click on the box to select it.
- Windows XP will now install the required software.
- Once the install has completed close out of the “Windows Component Wizard” and the “Control Panel”.
Configuration and firmware updates are done via a web interface, the WebManager. Connect the LAN port directly to a PC using a standard Ethernet cable. In a few minutes, your PC will recognize the device and will list it by serial number in 'network places' (from the start menu) on Windows XP or 'network' on Windows 7. Double click the icon and the web interface will open up in your browser.
Note: Windows XP users must have UPnP installed on their computer. The broadcast channel can also be set via a front-panel button.
When the unit is installed on a DHCP-enabled network it will request a DHCP assigned address. The local DHCP server will administer the address to the modulator. If there is no DHCP address on the network, the modulator will pick a “link-local” IP address.